Monday 21 February 2011

Gym Nite - 21/02/2011

I took my stepson James up to the gym again tonight. We were a little pushed for time (he's off to a mate's place for a night chilling which probably means mostly xBox with a little bit of something he shouldn't be doing but that we all did when we were his age).

Anyway, we had a good session. I warmed up with five minutes of rowing, then went round most of the legwork weights machines (quads, hamstrings, adductor and abductor) on 3 sets of 20 reps at moderate load. I also used the back machine and for a change the triceps machine - jeez, that burns on the third set.

I warmed down for 20 minutes on the treadmill, running five minutes at 6mph and slope setting 10 (is that 10 degrees or 10%??) and then reducing the gradient and increasing the speed, finishing with 3 minutes at 8 mph on the level, then easing off gently for five minutes to warm down. I always get a real sweat on using the treadmill - am I working harder than out on the hill?

Total running (assuming the gradient readout is % rather than degrees): 2.0 miles and 270' of ascent in 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment