Thursday 17 February 2011

Cannock Chase Pace - 17/02/2011

The Glacial Boulder near my second trig of the day
Angella Streluk [CC-BY-SA-2.0 (www.creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
I had to borrow a photo today - I was generally moving too fast to get the cameraphone out.

I had a meeting over near Milford today, and knew I'd be in work late tonight, so I pinched an hour in the middle of the day to get a training run in on the Chase, the first time I'd been out here since the Trig Points Race.

I ran from Milford Common and did a loop which was effectively the northern part of the race route, using Graham Gristwood's excellent map. I started fairly steady, but ran all of the ascent on the way up to the rifle range trig point. From there I put in a few 100-pace efforts which took me down into the head of Sherbrook Valley. I ran steadily up the west side of the valley to the glacial boulder trig, and then down and across the house fronts at Brocton back to Milford Common.

A nice pacy run on a warmish feeling afternoon (running helps - it was flippin cold standing around at the site meeting earlier on). 7.2 miles and 1,160' of ascent in an hour and ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment