Tuesday 4 January 2011

Ragleth Hill and Yearlet - 04/01/2010

Another club run at Church Stretton, which was much better attended tonight.

We ran from the Co-Op car park across the A49 and up following the Jack Mytton Way route to the Ragdon Road. From here we climbed up into mist on the north east top of Ragleth Hill. I struggled a bit along the ridge where the path is "lumpy". We descended to the A49 from the south top. and crossed over into Little Stretton.

From there we ran up the first half mile of Ashes Hollow and then turned into the side valley between Ashlet and Yearlet. After another quarter of a mile we turned north and climbed very steeply up to the summit of Yearlet. This was brutal and I really struggled today - probably I've done too much in the last few days. Still hopefully putting some hard miles in now pays back later in the year...

We ran round to the north top of Ashlet and descended to Cunnery, cutting through to the top of the Rectory Wood and back into town.

Todays stats: 5.6 miles, 1,560' of ascent, 01:19. I felt slow, tired and sluggish pretty much all night but still enjoyed myself and was glad I'd been out.

No comments:

Post a Comment